Friday, March 13, 2009

My New Job

So... I have a new job! Hooray! Still at Day's Market, because I really sincerely love that place. A lot of my good friends work there and it's right across the street from my house. Seriously, the commute is so great and the coworkers are even better! :) Anyway... my new job: I'm the freight/backroom manager! Cool huh? Finally a management position. This is going to be great on a resume (and as my Dad put it, "now you'll have a reason to actually make a resume.") I've only worked one day as the official manager. I still get to check this Friday/Saturday and next, and then it's strait freight. The hours are going to be fun if I can work it right. 4:30-11:30 or 5:00-12:00. That means an early bedtime; and with that, the capacity to be much more productive with my time. I could get a second job, take evening classes... or whatever. I'm going to take it easy for a couple months and just work full time, and then we'll see about a second job/school or whatever. I really like the work, and the guys on the crew are so great! It's really nice to finally have only two people who are "above" me, the two store managers. Craig (one of the managers) pulled me aside and said look, you're now on equal grounds with (the other department managers) so no more letting them boss you around and give you jobs. You're in charge now." Such a good feeling! (See, promotions are possible. You just have to stick around for a long time and put up with being under paid and over worked and then it'll pay off eventually. Yay!) Have a SUPER WONDERFUL FRIDAY!!! (Not really a sign that I have too much time on my hands, but rather that I am partial to the song I'm listening too. I don't want to leave the computer and therefore my music. :) )

No comments: