Sunday, February 15, 2009

Valentine's Day...and my upcoming birthday!

Happy Sunday! Today was officially my last Sunday in my Family's ward. Next week, my records will be sent to the 17th. I'm really excited. The bummer dude part is that I didn't even get to go to the family ward today. I have the flu. It was going to be my last Sunday with my little princess sunbeams. Short as it was, that calling was such a blessing. I'm totally over my complaints about the single's ward. Sorry to those of you who had to listen to them. I don't know what came over me. It's an AWESOME possum ward! Volleyball, whoot. : ) Valentine's day was the greatest! I went in to work, but only for two hours, because, as before mentioned, I have the flu. One of my friends from a couple years ago came in to the store and invited me to his family dinner. I told him I was too sick to be good company, but he said to come anyway. I'm so glad I did! I haven't been to his family's house in such a long time, and I just love it there! Plus I made a couple new friends, one of whom I decided is going to be my new buddy in the 17th ward, as he is a member their. Ryan (the guy who invited me) lives up in Logan so I hardly ever see him, but it was just so awesome to have the reminder that there are super nice guys around. He, along with everyone at the dinner, was such great company. Thank you SO much Ryan! (But shh...I told a couple guys I was too sick to go out last night, so don't tell them I did. It's a little different when you're with old friends and their family...) Dad's home from China! He got back on Wednesday, so good to have him home. Also great news: Yesterday, I got my first letter from the Ukraine! Guys, it's so cool writing and getting letters. My birthday's in less then two weeks! (13 days, to be more precise.) When I was little, I could never seem to remember my birthday. I always gave people one of my siblings' when they asked for mine. It would make me feel so sad! What kind of six year old doesn't know their own birthday??? So, my mom made up a rhyme for me: Rebekah's birthday's really great, it's February 28! Yay! Now you can remember too. Have a very wonderful Sunday!

No comments: